"" Moments with Moreen: My first pinkeep

Saturday 11 April 2009

My first pinkeep

I cross stitched this piece just after Christmas and have been longing to make it up. I had never made a pinkeep before and I was a little hesitant about starting. For a first attempt I am quite pleased with the result and hopefully my next one will not take me so long to start, and be a little quicker to make up now I have more idea of what I'm doing.

The chart is CoeurAuxPaons and is a free design from Carinne found here

I stitched it 1 over 1 on 32ct belfast linen using DMC 498.

Here is the front and back of the pinkeep.






I can't wait to start making up my other stitched pieces now that I have at last made the effort.

7 comments:

Lynn B said...

Wow this looks gorgeous,I already have the pattern but now I have the inspiration to stitch it!

lena-lou said...

Beautiful Moreen, I see where Carol gets her talents from :) We are a crafty family too :)

Happy Easter

Sarah said...

Beautiful Mum :) So glad that you gave us a 'crafty' gene, I don't know what I would do with myself if you hadn't passed it on to me!

Carol said...

Ooh, you've made one at last! It's beautiful Mum - I bet you're thrilled and can't wait to do another!

I see you've been playing with your blog again too!

Patricia Lessell said...

Moreen it is just beautiful. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see that heart embroidered peacock
Thank you, it's very nice.

Sorry my english is verry bad. carinne

Anonymous said...

Lovely design and nice finish !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin